December TB&CO Grab Bag December 11 2015, 1 Comment
Happy December! This month the grab bag features the color palette dark red and medium green. I was inspired to create a red page and a green page. With the amazing snowflakes, I just had to make Ruby snowflakes in a snowy landscape. Here are two digitally created pages and the how to’s of creating a mixed-media page. Enjoy!
Ruby’s Winter Wonderland
Evergreen Glad Tidings
Using a combination of digital elements created a focal piece and bits and pieces from the Grab Bag along with various art mediums, created a mixed-media journal page.
- Paint a background with a mixture of green acrylic paint, glitter paint and Golden® acrylic glazing liquid. Dry.
- Mix gesso with glitter paint and platinum acrylic paint. Swirl onto the lower section of page.
- Sprinkle glitter on wet gesso. Dry (overnight).
- Digitally create Ruby snowflakes.
- Enlarge snowflake, reduce size of Ruby so she fits inside snowflake. Make at least three.
- Print so that size of each snowflake is approximately 2” X 2” (I printed on textured paper for more texture)
- Cut out each snowflake.
- Glue snowflakes on page.
- Either cut out a tree shape from glittery paper or cut out a christmas tree from a magazine or card. Glue into “snow” drifts.
- Splatter page with white paint.
- Add text or journaling.
BTW - over in the AJE, you can participate in monthly challenges. There are two winners every month. Just upload your digital or mixed-media entry by the end of the month.
For more information on the Art Journal Emporium visit Art Journal Emporium - Tangie Baxter & CO.
[Posted by Jan Nicholas]