Santa Banner - A Mixed Media Tutorial December 16 2015, 0 Comments
Happy Holidays! Do you believe in Santa Claus? I must, because I have a collection of Santas that I lovingly bring out each Christmas season. I thought a banner of Santas might complement my decor. This project uses a combination of digital and mixed media.
Start by creating digital banners:
- Using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, open 3 banner template in Edit, add elements (I used TB&CO For the Hex of It No 3).
- Make 5 different pages of the 3 banner page.
- Save and print (for “antique look” I printed on cream cardstock).
NOTE: Instead of the digital process, print out 5 copies of 3 banner template and enhance with elements.
Now the mixed media part:
- Add paint, doodles and glitter - whatever pleases you.
- Fold on the fold line to form ribbon casing, staple and add Washi tape on front to cover the staples.
- Cut out bottom and sides of each page and between banners.
Cut ribbon the length of all the banner pages plus 12-18 inches and insert into casing.
Hang on your wall! Ho-Ho-Ho, have a Merry Christmas!
[Posted by Jan Nicholas]