A Sacred Vessel
I've been working on this class for two years off an on and I'm so grateful that I feel like I can share it with you now.
One day (what has become years now), I was sitting in my favorite chair, reading, writing, and pondering about where I wanted my life to be and about some of the personal obstacles I felt like I needed to overcome. I suddenly had this "vision" (for lack of a better word) of the body (and mind) as a sacred, holy vessel. Sure, I've thought about my body/mind being sacred before, after all my personal beliefs tell me that I'm a spiritual being having a physical experience (not a physical being having a spiritual experience). But this was different in a way that is hard for me to put in words. I pictured a sacred vessel, like perhaps one that they would have used in the ancient cities or temples, I pictured the meticulous crafting/creating of it, the exquisite care of it, the reverence that would be given it because it was considered sacred.
The more I thought about it, the deeper I yearned to create a life where I treated my body/mind as a sacred vessel, with deep reverence and awe. As I started this journey I studied and dove into a wide range of topics such as: speaking to myself with more kindness, becoming aware of our society's obsession with diet culture lies and body shaming, spirituality inside one's own heart, writing a book of prayer, honoring my feelings, creating art from sacred writings, becoming aware of my strengths and talents and using them for good, writing a "manifesto" with "50 things I know for sure", and so much more.
This amazing experience is transforming me in many ways and has now become the curriculum for this class. We'll dive deep on an inner journey with carefully selected activities and tools. I hope that you too will become aware that you are "A Sacred Vessel" and the amazing impact that can have.
This course includes 12 in-depth weeks of prompts with art journal page examples and some tutorials using a variety of digital & mixed-media methods but you can use one or the other as you feel comfortable.
Some of the lessons/activities include:
- A Sacred Vessel Creation
- Talents and Skills
- I AM language
- 50 Things I I know for Sure
- My Acceptance
- Sacred Spaces
- Sacred Vessel soundtrack
- 5 Senses Morning Jumpstart
- Book of Prayers (this can be adapted)
- I Remember When
- The Whole Me
- Meditation & Art Journaling
- Sacred Writing, Reading & Marking (you can use scriptures or any text you consider uplifting)
You also receive:
- Two Zoom Calls-1 Mixed-Media focus, 1-Photoshop focus (these will be recorded if you can't make the live calls).
- A special BONUS! Zoom call on how I use Pro-create. I am by no means an expert but I am happy to teach you how I have started integrating this program in my art. (this will be recorded if you can't make the live call).
- Curated digital library to use in your artwork, including original artwork from me, stock photos and other goodies such as Photoshop brushes, digital elements, ephemera and collage sheets.
- Lifetime Access to the classroom (your access doesn't expire)
Class Starts October 8th, 2018 and runs for 12 weeks, it will then become a "work at your pace" class. You will get a PDF with your unique student ID to download at purchase. Please follow the directions in the PDF to get access to the class.
In this class, I am going to speak about God. You can use whatever God means to you, (Source, Life Energy, Global Consciousness, et al.) I do not ever expect anyone to adopt/adapt to my views on religion and I openly welcome and accept you with whatever beliefs you have. Also, I am not a counselor and this class is simply meant as a way to engage your creativity to sculpt your way through this journey called life. It is not meant to be medical or spiritual advice.