Walking in This World [The Artist's Way-Book 2]
Walking in This World is Book 2 in The Artist's Way series by Julia Cameron.
Julia Cameron presents the next step in her course of discovering and recovering the creative self. Walking In This World picks up where The Artist's Way left off to present readers with a second course--Part Two in an amazing journey toward discovering our human potential. Cameron shows readers how to inhabit this world with a sense of wonder, a childlike inquisitiveness that each of us was born with. Full of valuable new strategies and techniques for breaking difficult creative ground, this is the "intermediate level" of the Artist's Way program
I'm so thrilled to be hosting a creative cluster book club for Julia Cameron's book Walking in This World.
I'm excited and filled with curiousity as we dive into this book. I have found the first book The Artist's Way is an invaluable guide to living the creative life.
This is an immersive course in living a creative life which takes about 2-3 hours a week. Creativity can come in many forms (painter, parent, writer, chef, ideation, sketching, spouse, singer, et al.).
This is a group discussion style workshop. I am not your teacher or your guru, I'm simply facilitating the discussion! Julia specifically asks us not to "teach" this book to anyone, but to be part of it with the group (which she lovingly calls "creative clusters". I'll be exploring, sharing and learning again right alongside you. The more you bring to the discussion the more you will get out of this, very literally, life-changing journey. Morning pages and artist dates are at the core of the program and help us connect to creativity in it's purest form as a divine source.
This book is spiritual in nature and uses the word God, but as Julia explains to us you can call whatever that source is to you by whatever name feels right for you to call it.
You will need the book which can be found on Amazon or Kindle! (More details about the different versions can be found in the classroom, which you will get instant access to).
3 WAYS TO TAKE THIS CLASS:
1. If you are a monthly subscriber (or become one right now) of the Art Journal Emporium or of the Happy Place you will automatically get access to this class, please check into our classroom on how to get FREE access to this class.
2. Make at least a $10 donation to Charity Water (just click on the button in the upper right that says "donate" on their page). Forward your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you FREE access to the workshop!
3. Or you can simply purchase this workshop and you will get instant access to the classroom (see the instructions in the PDF you will get after checkout).
What this workshop (group discussion/journey) will cover:
The Book has an Introduction and a 12-week program that we will cover as follows:
Available October 10th
Introduction: Basic Principles & Contract
Available October 12th
Week One: Discovering a Sense of Origin
and then every Friday after that
Week Two: Discovering a Sense of Proportion
Week Three: Discovering a Sense of Perspective
Week Four: Discovering a Sense of Adventure
Week Five: Discovering a Sense of Personal Territory
Week Six: Discovering a Sense of Boundaries
Week Seven: Discovering a Sense of Momentum
Week Eight: Discovering a Sense of Discernment
Week Nine: Discovering a Sense of Resiliency
Week Ten: Discovering a Sense of Camaraderie
Week Eleven: Discovering a Sense of Authenticity
Week Twelve: Discovering a Sense of Sense of Dignity
You will have lifetime access to this workshop/discussion
- Stop telling yourself, "It's too late."
- Stop waiting until you make enough money to do something you'd really love.
- Stop telling yourself "It's just my ego" whenever you yearn for a more creative life
- Stop telling yourself that dreams don't matter, that they are only dreams and that you should be more sensible.
- Stop fearing that your family and friends would think you crazy
- Stop telling yourself that creativity is a luxury and that you should be grateful for what you've got.
As you Learn to recognize, nurture and protect your inner artist, you will be able to move beyond pain and creative constriction. You will learn ways to recognize and resolve fear, remove emotional scar tissue and strengthen your confidence. Damaging old ideas about creativity will be explored and discarded. Working with this book, you will experience an intensive, guided encounter with your own creativity--your private villains, champions, wishes, fears, dreams, hopes, and triumphs. The experience will make you excited, depressed, angry, afraid, joyous, hopeful, and, ultimately, more FREE.