Art Journaling for Kids Online Workshop
**INSTANT ACCESS, NO WAITING! AFTER PURCHASE YOU WILL GET AN IMMEDIATE EMAIL TO DOWNLOAD THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO ACCESS THE CLASS**
The perfect summer activity!
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Dave, Sammy and I have been talking about this for a long time and decided that the time is finally right! We are ecstatic to announce that our entire family will be teaching this new online workshop for kids and the young at heart! We've been doing Summer camp for kids in our Studio for a few years now and Tangie owned her own preschool for 4 years!
This workshop will focus on the heart of what art journaling truly is and we hope to inspire a lifelong passion with art journaling in your child!
A few of the ideas we'll explore: Imaginary creatures, Sweets & Treats, Sammy's dolls in watercolor & collage, Robots & Not so scary Monsters, Scribble Flowers, Collage in all its wide variety, basic watercolor techniques, doodling and tangles, plus so much more!
Anyone who says you can't see a thought simply doesn't know art.
What you receive in this workshop:
- Access to our secure classroom for your family (only one workshop needs to be purchased per household)
- 30 "Blind Contour Drawing" Warm Up Videos
- 30+ Videos by Sammy, Dave and Tangie Baxter creating 30 Art Journal Projects (The focus of this workshop will focus on watercolor and collage, using supplies you can usually find at home).
- 30 Downloadable, Printable PDF files that match the lessons with supplies used, sample of finished project and journal prompts to use while creating art journal pages from the videos. (Watching the videos will be required for the "how to" portion").
- These videos will be released each Tuesday (except during spring break, classroom will have posting schedule).
- Several Bonus Collage Sheets to print and use (optional)
- Lifetime Access for your child to work at his/her own pace.
The journal prompts will be thought provoking but appropriate for children (or the young at heart). This class is perfect for children ages 4-14 (But truly why not 4-104?!).
Please note that our samples don't have journaling on them yet because journaling will be done in our "quiet time" videos which are part of the classroom. Journaling is a very important part of this course.
What do you need? (links for reference, give you an idea of the type of materials needed, many items you may already have or can be picked up cheaper at your local store)
- A place where children feel like they can create freely (perhaps on a tablecloth all their own)
- Composition notebook (will wrinkle, but will be fine!) or watercolor journal. We are using these Fabriano journals in our video, the paper wrinkles but we love it!
- Crayola or Prang watercolor set
- Paint brush(es)
- Set of markers & Crayons
- Glue sticks
- Appropriate magazines to cut up (Don't have any? Ask neighbors or friends if they have some you can cut up, some thrift stores have magazines or you can use "junk mail" if you don't have access to any magazines).
- OPTIONAL: Small set of Acrylic Paint or Gouache (Some white paint would be very helpful, at the very least)
Before purchasing please note:
- Images used in the previews are IDEAS of what the projects may look like. Actual projects may vary slightly.
- By purchasing this product you agree that your child has permission to participate in this class.
- Children are welcome to share their art in the classroom, but it is not required.
- Class starts TUESDAY EVENING, FEBRUARY 16th. You will receive an email invitation to the classroom on that day by 5 PM Arizona time.
- It is REQUIRED for the parent to have access to the classroom. If you would like to add access to the classroom for a child over the age of 13 you can email us once class starts.
- Supervision of children using craft supplies and scissors should be at your discretion.
- Parent "help" with the actual projects & journaling should not be needed for ages 4+ and is in fact, highly discouraged.
Art is not a thing; it is a way.
*Lifetime always refers to TB&CO classrooms remaining open as long as Tangie is teaching online.