How To Make Golden Book Journals by Dave
Before we can talk about the fun stuff, there are a few important details for this class, please make sure you read all the way through carefully before purchase.
- This workshop is for personal use only. If you purchase this workshop you are consenting to a NON-COMPETE agreement that you will not sell the journals you learn to make on Etsy or online as we do at ArtJournalingTheMagic.com. These journals are one of the main ways we make a living as working artists. We decided to teach this class for our loyal customers and friends who have asked us to teach them to make their own for personal use or as gifts, but not to sell. Please understand we are NOT teaching this so you can make journals to sell in competition with us. Dave has worked extremely hard to come up with a unique journal that is all his own style and his own techniques. We're giving you the "know-how"--it will be up to you to make it in your own unique way and come up with your own idea should you choose to make journals professionally. Please do not purchase this class if don't agree to these terms.
- You will get an invite to the classroom within 24 hours Monday-Saturday.
============== Now for the fun part! ==============
Dave is thrilled to be sharing his amazing "journal knowhow" with you! He's been perfecting this process for years now and he's ready to share all his secrets! Dave will take you step by step to make your very own Golden Book journal! All the videos for the class will be ready to go so that you can work at your own pace.
There is an extensive tool list that we've prepared for you here so you can see what you need, but we also have a printable PDF version for you as a download after checkout. We have linked products when possible for your convenience, use at your discretion (some items may be available in a higher/lower quality or easier to find locally etc.). TIP: Right-click on a link and choose "open in a new window".
- Golden Book Journal (Don't use a rare/vintage one for your first attempt)
- Xacto Knife
- Utility Knife
- Crafter's Pick Glue
- Bookbinding Glue
- Small Paint Brush (this will be used with glue)
- Gold handmade paper* (FLEXIBLE-do not buy anything that cracks when you fold it)
- Beautiful colored handmade paper that matches your cover* (again, FLEXIBLE)
*Please note, we can't find this paper online, we buy it at our local art supply store. We will be listing some sheets in our Etsy shop for those who can't find it.
- 1 Pad of XL Canson Watercolor paper (Minimum Size 11"x15")
- Bone Folder
- Japanese Hole Punch (Screw Punch)
- Waxed Linen or Polyester Bookbinding Cord
- Strong Needle (large enough your cord will fit through the eye)
- Fine Point Sharpie Pen
- Small Needle Nose Pliers
- METAL Sharp edge ruler at least 18"
- Lineco Super Muslin
If you have any questions about the supply list or the class please email us, we'd be happy to help you! firstname.lastname@example.org